Time to hippy, hippy shake that thang like you’re getting sand out of your knickers.
YOU WILL NEED:
8-inch embroidery hoop
fabric (preferably on the thicker side)
packet of silver or gold bells
hot glue gun
small shells (I collected mine on the beach)
LET’S GET DIY’ING!
1. Prepare fabric if you intend to dye or decorate it yourself.
2. Switch on your hot glue gun – they usually take up to five minutes to warm up.
3. Separate embroidery hoops. Place outer hoop on a flat surface, with the metal clamp/screw at the top. Evenly space bells around the hoop (making sure to leave small spaces in between for the shells), and mark positioning on the hoop using a pencil.
4. Glue bells to the marked positions on the embroidery hoop and allow to dry.
5. Glue shells in fill spaces between the bells, allow to dry.
6. Iron fabric if there are any heavy creases.
7. Lay fabric over inner hoop, then place the outer hoop with bells, on top. Pull fabric taught and screw the clamp tight.
8. Trim away excess fabric and glue down any bits that stick out… TA-DA!